Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Projects

It might have been quiet over here at my blog but it hasn't been quiet on the knitting front! Knitting? You mean that one craft that this blog is supposed to be all about but that you have neglected for so long? Yes indeed I do!
I'm currently working on three new projects; two knits and one crochet. I'll introduce them in chronological order.

Scarf


First up is the One Row Handspun Scarf. Except mine isn't made from handspun, since I don't spin. Instead I'm using Artesano Inca Cloud that was RAKed to me earlier this year. I plan on giving this scarf to my uncle, the only other person besides myself and my son that I knit for, because I really seems to appreciate it. I've knit him a scarf around the time when I first started knitting, back in 2004 it was, I believe, and he is still wearing it. So yeah, I guess it's time for a new one!
I don't know why the picture of the scarf is so blurry. Either I really do have a crappy camera like my boyfriend said or I need some photography classes a.s.a.p.
I'll put my money on the latter.

Striped Hat


Secondly is a striped hat. It's my own made up pattern and I can't wait to see how it will fit. It's made of some acrylic I found in the old stash that I had left at my parents when I moved out.

Slippers


And last, but not least, I'm working on the Hexagon Boot Slippers! I'm very excited about these and I sure hope they will fit my big feet! I'm using two colors of Aunt Lydia's Heavy Rug Yarn and another unknown acrylic. These yarns were RAKed to me as well. I'm having a horrible time working with the lightest color though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have enough to complete the six hexagons with it and it's cut up in so many pieces! No wonder they discontinued this yarn! But I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth :)

Hopefully one or two or three of these projects will be complete and ready to show off in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. *kwijlkwijl* Weet je al van mijn nieuwe project voor deze winter? Een Granny Square deken!!! Één probleempje....ik kan niet haken.....(Wat zal ik jou lastig gaan vallen deze winter hihihi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zo, jij bent de eerste die ik tegenkom die het over breien heeft. Ik brei ook al sinds kort^^

    ReplyDelete