Friday, September 10, 2010

FO: Striped Hat

My striped hat is completed! I might or might not add a pom-pon sooner or later, I haven't decided on that yet. But for now it's done. You'll have to excuse me for the lack of an action shot, but I currently have a fever accompanied by a bad cold so I'm trying to avoid looking at my icky face at the moment.

Striped Hat



When this hat was on the needles, it appeared to become a snug fit hat. But once it was blocked using a plate, it turned out big and slouchy, more like a beret. I really like it!

This hat was knit on a set of four 4.0 mm needles using Phildar Impact N°3 1/2 colors Lin and Jean's.

Pattern:
co 104 sts (I divided mine 40-40-24)
k2, p2 rib for 4 cm
change color *k5, kfb* around on next row
k all around for 7 rows
*change color k all around for 8 rows* repeat 4 times
change color; k all around
*k7, k2tog* around
k all around
*k6, k2tog* around
k all around
*k5, k2tog* around
k all around
*k4, k2tog* around
change color; k all around
*k3, k2tog* around
k all around
*k2, k2tog* around
k all around
*k1, k2tog* around
k all around
*k2tog* around

Cut yarn, leaving a long tial. Thread yarn through the remaining stitches and pull to close hole. Weave in ends, block and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Im new at knitting and i love your pattern cause it seems like a good one to try for a hat, but Im confused when you knit on dpns how do you know which stitches to knit like on the new round, Like im on the second row and Idk if I knit the purls or purl the knits or if the little hoop thing is facing the inside of dpns if thats a knit or if its a purl :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just start with k 2 every round and go from there. If you divided the stitches like I did, every needle begins with a k2. Every round is the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok thanks that helps alot lol cause ive been trying to do it by looking at them. Lets hope i havent messed it up :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got finished making my hat off your pattern thanks so much for sharing it :) since this was my first ever knit pattern It doesnt look half as pretty as yours but I still love it. Your pattern was amazingly easy to follow and now since I have increased my skill at knitting Im going to try to perfect this pattern and add in the color changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done theoneandonly426! Congrats on finishing your hat! And thanks for the compliments on my pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you happen to have the pattern for a fitted hat of this version? I love the stripes, but I am looking for something more fitted!
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found this pattern, Priscilla, and I will be out getting new yarn shortly (today!) to make this hat. I am thinking in black and grey or maybe black and mauve/pink. What do you think?
    My head size is 21". What size is yours?

    Mary
    blukazam@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete