Monday, July 5, 2010

In My Queue

My Pomatomus are making slow but steady progress, but there is nothing new going on there, so I decided to take a look at my Ravelry queue to see which items in it should really be worked on this year.. or next. Ever since my first day on Ravely my queue has been too long. For quite some time I would't allow more than 250 items in it, whenever I wanted to add a new, an older one had to go first, but I've let go of that idea months ago and now there are 328 items in my queue. By now you've probably realised that I'm not a speedknitter, so it will probably take a lifetime to start and finish all those projects!
But without further ado, here are the items with the highest priority in my queue.

Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
I've been wanting to knit this since forever, since it was first published in Interweave Knits but somehow it just hasn't happened yet. I've never knit a triangular shawl before, I'm not even sure if it's something I would use. But the pattern is so pretty and I think it will look very elegant in black or dark grey.

An Inspired Lace Scarf by Rebecca Burr
This hasn't been in my queue for very long yet, but again I think it will look lovely in a dark color. Plus it's a crochet, which I always welcome as a nice change from knitting.

Slithering Scarf by Sarah Bradberry
Obviously I wouldn't knit this for me, but for my son! I think it will look so cute on him this winter. I'm considering to make this a Christmas gift. Who knows. If it doesn't work out this year, I'll just make it next year. Or the one after that.

Garden Snail by Hansi Singh
Did you know that I love snails? I do! And I'm not talking about eating them. They're just one of my favorite animals. I remember having an aquarium as a kid; I was hardly interested in the fish, I liked the watersnails much better. I even did a presentation about them back in third grade. I think it must have been one of the first times my geek side showed through.
I think this is a really realistic pattern and I've purchased it ages ago, but again, I never came around to do it so far, but one day, I will!!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your projects! The snail, the crocheted lace scarf.....all yummy!

    And don't worry if you have over 300 in your queue. That's what inspires us, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Swallowtail was one of the favorite shawls I have made so far... excellent choice! My queue is much much longer than I will ever finish in my lifetime, but I think that's ok. I look through that list for inspiration like Dawn (above) but also as a way for keeping track of all of the beautiful patterns out there too!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete