Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FO: Ruby's Pineapple Medley

I finished the Ruby's Pineapple Medley doily! I told myself not to touch the pretties I posted about in my previous post before I was done with this doily, because there is a big chance I totally forget about a project when I start a new one when the old one isn't finished. Needless to say I'm very happy to have completed this doily!

Crochet Doily


I like the outcome. It turned out a little bigger than I had expected, it's about 46 cm across, which is a little over 18 inches.
I doubt I will ever make this doily again. Like I said before, we simply don't use them. In other words, they end up tossed into the corner of a closet sooner or later. But if I ever will, I would make the following adjustment to the pattern:

Rnd 33: Sl st to second to last dc of 1st shell, 2 dc in last dc of 1st shell, picot (see Special Stitches), 2 dc in 1st dc of next shell, sl st in ch-2 sp, finish off.

I would also try and see if slip stitching to the last shell before the pineapple works, because weaving in all those ends is a pain in the behind!

Crochet Doily


So what's next? I think I will start a pair of toe-up socks with my skein of The Natural Dye Studio Sockyarn! I can't wait!

DSCF3142

3 comments:

  1. Do you have the patttern for your doily. I'm making the same one but I missing the directions from row 28 on. I hate free internet patterns for that reason. Alot of work and now I can't finish. Any help would be nice. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rnd 28: Beg. shell, * ch 3, (sc in next ch-3 sp,
      ch 3) 4 times [3 loops], shell in shell, ch 2, (shell in
      shell ch 1) 2 times, shell in shell, ch 2, shell in shell;
      repeat from * around, join.

      Rnd 29: Beg. shell, * ch 3, (sc in next ch-3 sp,
      ch 3) 3 times [2 loops], shell in shell, ch 2, ([dc in
      next dc] 2 times. In next ch-2 sp work {2dc, ch 2, 2
      dc} dc in next 2 dc) 3 times, ch 2, shell in shell;
      repeat from * around, join.

      Rnd 30: Beg. shell, * ch 3, (sc in next ch-3 sp, ch 3)
      2 times [1 loop], shell in shell, ch 2, dc in next dc
      ([dc in next dc] 3 times. In next ch-2 sp work {2dc,
      ch 2, 2 dc} dc in next 3 dc) 3 times, dc in next dc,
      ch 2, shell in shell; repeat from * around, join.

      Rnd 31: Beg. shell, * ch 3, sc in ch-3 loop, ch 3,
      shell in shell, ch 1, turn.

      Rnd 32: Beg. shell, shell in shell, ch 1 turn.

      Rnd 33: Sl st to ch-2 sp, 2 dc in last dc of 1st shell,
      picot (see Special Stitches), 2 dc in 1st dc of next
      shell, sl st in ch-2 sp, finish off.

      Work Rnds 31-33 to finish off all pineapples, block.

      Delete