Friday, May 28, 2010

I've Been RAKed

And not a little bit, no A LOT! Ravelry's Yayayarn sent me a huge parcel, stuffed with the most delicious yarns! I felt awestruck and was jumping up and down the house when I saw all the yummy fibers she sent over. Lot of pictures coming up! Please click them for a better look.

DSCF3132

Ten balls of Artesano Inca Cloud 100% Alpaca :)

DSCF3124

Eight skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton in color 634 Periwinkle. Very soft and yummy!

DSCF3135

Eight balls of Hjertegarn Merino Silk, 60% Merino, 20% Silk, 20% Bamboo in color 8377. It's very nice, soft and shiny! I love it!

DSCF3129

Four balls of Hjertegarn Merino Silk, 60% Merino, 20% Silk, 20% Bamboo in color 8629. I love this color too and the purple shades go very well together so I might end up doing some colorwork to combine them.

DSCF3138

Two balls of Rowan Classic Yarns Cashmere Tweed in Pewter. This is so oncredibly soft and nice. I love all the little flecks of color in there.

DSCF3146

Four skeins of Koigu Premium Merino in color 2300. Very pretty and one of my favorite colors.

DSCF3142

One skein of The Natural Dye Studio Sockyarn in a wonderful color named "Mirage". Absolutely gorgeous.

DSCF3143

And last but not least, three skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Wisteria. This is so me! The pink, the purple, the blue! Awesome!

Thank you so much, Yayayarn! For letting me meet all these new yarns. I've never worked with any of them before so I can't wait to cast on. With all the sock yarn, I'm sure I will get back into my sock knitting mojo, I haven't knit socks in a while, but I'm sure I will cast on for a pair soon.

9 comments:

  1. Lucky Girl! That's a lot of nice yarn! I've been wanting to try Blue Sky Alpacas. I found you through Ravelry and will link my name to my blog in case you want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Blue Sky cotton, it's so soft and comes in such gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the Hjertegarn, both of them. Looks like you have a wonderful time opening that package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should buy a lotto ticket, lady luck seems to be your friend! That is an amazing bunch of yarn, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a strange reason, looking at someone else's stash always gives me a lot more inspiration than my own stash. I guess it must be something to do with the secret inside wish to get as much yarn as possible, hehee.

    Anyway, I'm joining in the chorus - you're a lucky lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh what a lovely gift!!! It's true what Laura said over here, I'm utterly inspired just by looking at your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colors! I bet your fingers are just itching to start using those beauties. I know mine would be! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dang, that's a lot of beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's an incredible selection. I haven't worked with the rest,, but you're going to love Lorna's Laces and Koigu!

    ReplyDelete